The Friday shopping series this week comes with a twist. Instead of curating products within a price range, I thought why not set up an entire room. This is more along the lines of “Shop the look” you may find on many sites, but this is more comprehensive in that products are curated from multiple sites and chosen to fit a budget and a minimalist theme without going over the top. These are bare essentials for a room. Having said that, the room will not have a bare look once you are done as the artifacts will bring in the aesthetic appeal.
Just so you know, the post has a lot of links linking to the respective sites. This is NOT a sponsored post and contains links if I were to buy the products.
If you are in the process of renovating your bed room or setting it up afresh, I wanted to showcase products that you can buy online under a budget of Rs.95,000. This is a modest budget considering you are starting off with an empty room. This, in short, means that you are shopping for everything from a dresser to rug for the room.
To keep things simple, I am going with a modern minimalist look. The picture below outlines all that you would need in an empty room.
The items we will shop for include:
- A queen size bed
- 2 bed side tables
- Swivel lamps
- 1 dresser
- 1 art work
- An arm chair
- Vanilla candles for the bedside table.
- Clock (optional)
- A rug (optional)
- A TV console (optional)
- Furnishings (optional)
The links to the curated products in the picture above are given below:
1. Valencia Bed from Urban Ladder for Rs.31999. The other option was Brandenberg bed for Rs.19,999. But I did not go with it because it is a low bed that may put a strain on the knees if you have a knee issue and not a solid wood bed.
2. Bed side tables: Oriel one drawer bed side table in provincial teak finish by woodsworth for Rs. 11798 for 2 tables.
4. Extendable wall sconce from Ivanka Lumiere for Rs.1650. So, 2 of them for Rs. 3300.
Two blackout beige curtains for Rs. 2500. You can choose an alternate sheer in patterns or block prints in a different color such as golden to bring in some freshness. I usually don’t prefer curtains to be in standout colors as it can get boring after a while. A neutral color such as beige/golden blackout is a great option for guest rooms as it keeps the light out and offers scope for bringing in color through artifacts.
6. An arm chair for convenient seating for Rs. 17,900. This matches the cherry blossom artwork.
The total comes to Rs.93,454 excluding the optional items. The balance gives some room for taxes.
This post was the first of its kind. If you found it useful, I would appreciate if you can leave a comment so that I know a continuation of this series will be in line with your expectations.