User Review( votes)
Hope you had a blast yesterday for Holi. Make a guess: how much can you fit in a 320 sq. foot space? Living and dining at the maximum, or perhaps living and a modest kitchen?
This enchanting, little 320-square foot cottage caught my eyes this morning, and I thought I must immediately share it with you all. Bigger isn’t always better, right? This theory is more relevant for us as we are debating if we should move into a bigger house, or what we should look for in a new property.
As a minimalist, big is not necessarily on my checklist for our 3-member family. But the husband begs to differ. The son and he prefer to play football inside. What do you think? Do you have sq.foot preference, or how big should the home be?
The home showcases how to make the most of limited square footprint. My takeaways:
- be clever with hidden storage
- go for large built-ins
- buy compact furniture that will double up as storage such as coffee table with storage
- think multipurpose such as a sofa cum bed
- make use of the vertical height to be used as bunk beds
- let natural light flow in
- use cheery colors for furnishings
- buy appliances meant for apartments
- use stacked books as a side table
An optimized floor plan is the key to bringing it all together. Ensure there is no dead space such as corridors or walkways connecting the rooms. A space that flows fluid is paramount for a small footprint.
After seeing so many houses over the past few weeks, my eyes scan any floor plan effortlessly :) Tour the rest of this home at BHG
Image courtesy: BHG