User Review( votes)
Even though there are recommendations, there is no hard or fast rule that says that you need a particular number of hours of sleep in order to rejuvenate your body. You need enough to feel awake, be aware and also be able to think creatively. Sleeping disorders are becoming more common today and credit goes to the fact that people are trying to do more by extending their work hours into their sleep time. But the reality is that, when you sleep for the required number of hours, your mind is more active and you can finish your work efficiently and that too in quick time.
Recommendations given for Number of Hours of Sleep:
Given below is the recommendation given by the National Sleep Foundation segregated as per the age of the person involved.
- New Born Babies need to sleep for a minimum of 14 to 17 hrs a day.
- Infants, between 4 months to 11 months will need to sleep for 12 to 15 hrs a day between the age of one to two years
- Toddlers, aged between one and two years, need to sleep at least 11 to 14 hrs a day.
- Preschool kids, typically children between the age of three to five years, will need a good sleep of 10 to 13 hrs a day
- Teenagers, aged 14 to 17 years, have to sleep for 8 to 10 hrs a day.
- Young adults, 18 to 25 years, shall sleep for 7 to 9 hrs a day.
- Adults, 26 to 63 years, need sleep of 7 to 9 hrs a day
- Older adults, more than 64 years of age, can sleep for 7 to 8 hrs a day.
Giving Sleep a Chance:
Sleep is a type of rest that you give to your body and is a must. Proper sleep can regenerate the cells and make you more active than on a day in which you are sleep deprived. Every individual needs a different amount of sleep! Even though we can use the recommendations as a reference, each body has its sleep needs and you have to figure out how many hours of rest your body requires.
Deep sleep is required in order to rejuvenate the memory, learning ability as well as rebuilding the cells in the body. Light sleep, though good, does not give the feeling of a satisfied sleep, hence every adult will need a minimum of seven to eight hours of sleep in which deep sleep is longer than light sleep.
A good sleep can aid in improving the health of the brain and the complete skeletal system, it can keep your face and skin glowing, improves heart health as well as improves the immunity of the body. Sleep can also be a great boost for those who are looking to reduce or maintain their weight.
Get yourself the best mattress to sleep, prepare your body for it and enjoy a relaxing deep sleep that can rejuvenate the body and make you a better person the following day!
This post is in association with Wakefit.